Labels

Saturday, October 15, 2011

35th

Here I am. 35. Thirty Five. No more rounding down. I now get to round up. Thirty Five was definitely old when I was my kids age. I have come to grips with the whole age thing. It is just a number. I understand when people say you always feel young. So I guess that alone makes me old.  I am a bit wiser too, I hope.  I love where I am with my children all around me. I am taking Dave's moments and pondering them in my heart :) I know it is all moving so fast. I have turned around and Drew is FIVE. FIVE, that is all I have left with my Glory. I know she will always come back, but when you put a 5 on to it, it makes me thank God everyday for my time with my little ones still around me. For baby drooly kisses, and I don't mind starting at diapers again. Oh, if time could stand still.  Well pictures make my world stand still for a few moments. So, I snap away and time stands still for a moment.
Happy Birthday to my thirty five self. I wish somethings were completed in my living with construction all around me kind of life. But, OH, I would not change these days. God has his reasons for my seasons. So for now I spend my days feeding, teaching, loving, and hopefully making good memories for those I love.

My birthday pumpkin ice cream.


2 comments:

LORIENDEVON said...

Awww! I love your family and all the little ones around. We are cherishing and holding onto the times we have together. So special. Oh, and you're making 35 look good, girly:)

Darla said...

You don't look a day over 30, promise! I hope you had a wonderful day (Green Gator soccer pics aside perhaps. Is it really that cold? Stop choking yourself. Smile. Nicely. Yikes), you deserve all the best, and are such a great example to all of us!